$14.00 to $15.00 hourly
Candidates for this Medical Receptionist position should keep in mind that we are looking for a self-starter who finds value working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while providing support and solutions to patients, healthcare professionals, insurance providers, etc. Charismatic and detail-oriented Medical Receptionists might be interested in this job at a company working with OfficeTeam. This short-term temporary employment opportunity is based in the Princeton, New Jersey area. You'll find that as the Medical Receptionist, you are the director of first impressions due to your duties providing customer service over the phone and in-person. Apply today and grow your professional career with this exciting new opportunity.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Ensuring the waiting and reception areas are kept neat and clean; reporting on any damage
- Making appointments, collecting co-pays, and providing receipt of money in accordance with established procedures
- Acting as a liaison with patients and providers in a compassionate and kind manner
- Signing in patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Attending to patient's paperwork when necessary
- Be detail-oriented and effective with customer inquiries and when answering phone calls within minimum rings
- Providing support in the management of patient medical records
- Responsible for insurance verifications with health insurance organizations
- Managing various files and providing general office duties, e.g. data entry, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Knowledgeable of medical terminology and insurance products and plans
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to establish rapport with diverse clientele
- Experience with insurance billing and an electronic medical record system, as well as social media platforms is required
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Receptionist
- Foundational knowledge in Medical Insurance
- Expertise in medical records
- Deep understanding of Receptionist Duties
- Scanning experience desired
- Skills in multi-line phone systems preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to prioritize needs and expedite tasks upon request
- High School Diploma required, A.S. Degree in healthcare/related field preferred
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Receptionist
for more information.