As a home health physical therapist, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
• Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop and implement a patient specific care and treatment plan
• Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient
• Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
• Provides supervision and evaluation of aides and physical therapist assistants
• Current and unencumbered license to practice physical therapy specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by the Company
• Successful completion of a physical therapy program at a school of physical therapy approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of American Medical Association or the committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association.
• Current CPR certification
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visits
• Master’s degree or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
• One year of physical therapy experience preferred. If less than 1 year experience then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.