We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug/tb test, Level 2 Criminal Background Screening to include (DCF, FDLE, FBI). Testing is done at the expense of AHP through our contracted vendors. Candidates must also provide a Local Law Criminal Background Screening in their county of residence at their own expense (fees are nominal).
WORK SCHEDULE: Varies Mon Through Friday
THURSDAY, FRIDAY, AND SATURDAY FROM 7:00PM TO 7:30AM
Perform duties to observe, assess and document medical issues, perform routine medical assessments, dispense patient medication and provide vaccinations or draw blood as required, providing services under parameters of designated program and within proscribed setting, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
* Perform routine intake procedures relating to medical issues and initiate and maintain client medical charts. Dispense and document prescription medications, blood pressure, behavior and other related issued. Take client vital signs as appropriate, change dressings on wounds and perform other routine nursing activities. Order, inventory and maintain stock of prescription medications, over- the-counter drugs and first aid supplies. Assist physician with as required during sick call.
* May monitor clients during daily activities including work, meals and recreation to ensure compliance with program commitments and regulations, monitor client telephone conversations, assist clients in accessing program resources, transport clients to off site activities as directed and periodically assist other staff with searches of rooms and personal belongings. Communicate unusual issues or circumstances to supervisory personnel and communicate with night personnel at change of shift to provide complete information regarding current client and facility conditions.
* May perform some administrative functions including client room assignments.
May facilitate group recovery meetings and house meetings, note critical issues to review with others and collect fees for services.
* May monitor clients issuing urine samples for test to determine presence of addictive substances. Prepare urine samples for laboratory testing and prepare and maintain required documentation for chain of custody.
* Document client behavior and other related data. Prepare periodic and special reports relating to work activities and project progress. Perform crisis interventions as required.
* Ensure the proper disposal of bio-hazardous material.
* Participate in training in order to provide HIV and Hepatitis services, if needed.
* Provide HIV Services, when required, including testing, pre/post test counseling, and HIV education.
* Provide Hepatitis services, including testing, vaccinations, and education
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Requires the equivalent of a complete high school education plus completion of a vocational course in nursing sufficient for licensure as a practical nurse, with a current Florida LPN License.
* Requires understanding of addiction behavior and related social, psychological and health issues.
* Requires complete knowledge of the organizations related programs, practices and policies as well as rules of documentation and confidentiality.
* Requires the ability to read, analyze and interpret written information including regulations and effectively communicate verbally and in writing where information includes precise data and terminology, possibly of a confidential nature.
* Requires the equivalent of a complete high school education plus completion of a vocational course in nursing sufficient for licensure as a practical nurse.
* Requires at least six months of experience working in a medical environment and the completion of all requirements for licensure in the State of Florida as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
* Requires a valid State of Florida Driver's license and State required insurance.
Licensed Practical Nurse