To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
- Historic Tours of America
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Wardrobe Manager - Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
Old Town Trolley • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
JOIN OUR FUN-EMPLOYED FAMILY!
Bring 18th Century fashion to life as the Wardrobe Manager at the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum ®. Join our management team in telling the story of "the single most important event leading up to the American Revolution", the Boston Tea Party.
The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum ® is owned and operated by Historic Tours of America ®, the Nation's Storyteller ®.
The Wardrobe Manager is responsible for the overall organization and operation of all costuming practices and procedures for all BTPSM departments. This includes the planning, supervision, management, and execution of day-to-day operations, supervising additional wardrobe staff and support, supervising the Wardrobe Coordinator, physical shop space, and laundry facilities. The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum Wardrobe Manager is a member of the Creative Department and reports to the Creative Manager.
Additional duties include:
Managing wardrobe builds, replacements, and production projects.
Manage department budgets in conjunction with the Creative Manager
Maintaining wardrobe stock inventory, organization, and assessment of all garments including headwear, wigs, footwear, and accessories
Managing inventory, ordering, and upkeep of all uniforms for all BTPSM departments.
Maintaining wardrobe inventory databases, documents, guidelines, and standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced sewing knowledge and the ability to apply knowledge of garment design, designing templates or patterns, alterations to fit measurements, construction, styling, and fabric.
- Knowledge of office equipment, practices and systems.
- Proficiency in machine and hand sewing techniques.
- Ability to assemble, alter, and repair garments using needle and thread or sewing machines and other applicable equipment to create or repair historical attire.
- Ability to learn historical knowledge and conduct historical research related to 18th Century attire and fashion. Knowledge of 18th Century clothing, fashion styles, and wigs is a plus.
- Ability to work within a fiscal budget and plan expenses and purchases accordingly.
- Ability to work independently over long periods of time within the scope of established rules and regulations to satisfy the needs of our guests.
- Ability to motivate, and direct people as they work, to be highly organized and efficient and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience working in a professional or collegiate costume shop highly recommended.
- Must have basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to work outside in the field and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers and the general public.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week (or longer, as deadlines/programs dictate). Must be able to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor's degree in costume design, or related field of study, or minimum three years of related work experience required.
- This position requires a high-degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently, or as a team, within the scope of established policies and procedures.
- All FT Employees are eligible for paid vacation time as well as company sponsored health and wellness plans
- All FT, PT and Seasonal employees are eligible for:
- Paid sick time
- 401K plan with company matching * * Eligibility requirements must apply
- Flexible schedules, including a combination of weekdays and weekends are available
- Fun, upbeat work environment with various award and recognition celebrations throughout the year
- Discounts in retail stores and free admission to all company attractions
Successful candidates must undergo a drug test and a background search