To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1400 North Weber Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Smithfield Foods • Sioux Falls, SD
Posted 23 days ago
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Responsibilities include providing direct management of shift QA staff and inspection duties encompassing all SPC and Specialist responsibilities and knowledge. Oversees daily training and project objectives, as instructed by the QA Manager, including all product, QMS and SPC inspections. Provides solid leadership within the Plant QA department to achieve the company, plant, and department goals, through various management, evaluation and improvement strategies, aimed at improving overall quality and profitability. Masters and applies all QA policies and procedures in daily interactions with plant production and quality employees. Manages quality programs and exercises technical expertise, including training, assessing performance and making program and process improvements. Assumes QA Manager duties, when needed.Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a regionally accredited four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in the food industry, preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance principles, food science and meat processing, SPC and statistics; preferred.
- Previous experience with SQF - SQF Expert Practitioner is a plus.
- Comprehensive experience with USDA Rules and Regulations.
- Knowledge of Database software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet and Word Processing software; QMS system and SAP.
- Ability to uphold regulatory, company and customer standards.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Quality Assurance Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.