Kleinschmidt has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer in our Portland, Oregon office (Our office locations in Pittsfield, Maine, and Lexington, South Carolina would also be considered). Until it is safer to be together in our office locations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most of our employees are currently working remotely from home offices.
Typical duties include electrical design tasks and analysis under the direction of mid-level and senior-level staff. This position involves work on industrial and utility electrical projects, especially concerning medium and low-voltage generation systems, switchgear, power transformers, power distribution cables and equipment, protective relaying, automation, and controls.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of technical professionals working on various hydro and other renewable energy projects in the U.S. Project teams will be comprised of multidisciplinary staff members and will be mentored by senior staff in the fields of hydroelectric and fish passage facilities design while incorporating the skills of structural, civil, hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical engineering.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, with 2 to 5 years' experience in electrical engineering.
- Possess PE or current EIT designation with the ability to meet the requirements for Professional Engineer as soon as eligible.
- Possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills and capable of working collaboratively with clients and team members in a dynamic, multidisciplinary consulting firm.
- Design experience with hydroelectric facilities preferred.
- Experience and\/or personal interest in Power System, SCADA Controls and Automation design is a plus.
- Permanent authorization to work in the United States and\/or the ability to acquire work authorization in Canada is required.
- Be willing to travel periodically and possess a valid driver's license.
Kleinschmidt offers a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for advancement in a growing, national consulting firm.
Kleinschmidt is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, national origin, disability status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law.
- Construction Management