General Dynamics is seeking a professional Senior Software Engineer who can perform complex systems and software analysis in support data management and data analytics services for DCGS-N Inc. 2 to include track management and other Data as a Service (DaaS) capabilities, including linkages between DCGS-N Inc. 2 tools and underlying infrastructure. This position will require a high technical level of understanding along with the ability to interface with senior leadership in both Government and Military working environments.
Qualified candidates should possess knowledge and experienced in the following:
- Ability to provide and develop software solutions in support of system integration, capability enhancements, and system improvements for Battlespace Awareness and ISR Services with existing and emerging infrastructures to include recommendations for solving interfaces between DCGS-N Increment 2 capabilities and other ISR and Command and Control (C2) capabilities.
- Develop, automate, audit, manage and perform software builds controlling and managing software baselines and deployments within development, systems engineering, program management, test and information assurance for customer release processes.
- Perform code management, audits, baseline identification, preparation and control of documentation for software projects.
- Provide both systems engineering and integration support to facilitate integration of Science and Technology (S&T) capability into the DCGS-N Increment 2 project.
- Perform HSI testing and evaluate visualization applications and packages.
- Have the ability to validate and expand as necessary DCGS-N Increment 2 use cases.
- Develop strategies for DCGS-N Inc. 2 integration and ensure delivered software meets HSI standards
- Provide recommendations for technical solutions to access and exploit information available from evolving and emerging sensor platforms as well as new sources to include Human Intelligence (HUMINT) and Measurement and Signal Intelligence (MASINT).
- Provide engineering support for participation in prototype demonstrations, fleet exercises and limited objective experiment (LOE) demonstrations.
- Specialize in the development of software solutions in support of system integration, capability enhancements, and system testing. Systems engineering and integration support to facilitate integration of:
Candidate will participate in meetings, working groups, and technical discussions, including professional seminars and conferences associated with the work performed. Participate in Integrated Product Teams used to increase knowledge and understanding of the technical requirements for the research, development, integration, test/experimentation and ultimately, end products to the user.
Desired Skills / Qualifications / Education
- Hold a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related technical discipline.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- System Administration / Operating System certifications
- CompTia Security Plus Certification
Required Skills / Qualifications
- Active Top Secret Clearance / SCI (within the last five years)
- 10 plus years of experience with JEE (Java 8), Spring, SQL, REST Web Service, JUnit,
- Experience with OOD/A, Design Patterns and software best practices such as SOLID, SRP, DRY.
- Experience with Accumullo, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Agile Core Service (ACS), Ozone Widget Framework (OWF)
- ArcGIS, Maven, Jenkins, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Grunt, WebPack.
- Experience with white box, black box and system testing.
- Software development/management tools using the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Stash) and Git (understanding command line and/or GitHub)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Prototype (Computer Science)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Java Script (Programming Language)