To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Aberdeen, MD 21001
- Russell Cranford
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Diesel Test Technician
Kelly Government Solutions • Aberdeen, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Diesel Test Technician Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking a Test Technician to support one of our top government clients in multiple locations on a contract assignment, with the opportunity to extend or convert to full time. If you or someone you know are interested in this opportunity please contact Russell Cranford, at Russell.Cranford@kellyservices.com or apply online. Locations Oshkosh, WI Aberdeen, MD Fort Huachuca, AZ Summary: The Technician will support senior technicians and engineers in testing vehicles and parts/components, performing configuration changes and repairs of vehicles and test stands, and following appropriate engineering procedures, standards, and specifications. This role may also provide support in the fabrication and assembly of vehicles and related systems/sub-systems. The objective is to validate new product designs as part of new product development as well as resolve issues on sustaining products. Responsibilities:
- Conduct testing of prototypes and current products to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Test and record data using operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical pneumatic, hydraulic) using manual entry and data acquisition. Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis and follow detailed test procedures.
- Assemble, disassemble, and fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures and test stands/fixtures in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Maintain a safe work environment, adhere to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
- Operate heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
- Determine appropriate test instruments for product testing.
- Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
- Communicate effectively and work cross functionally to resolve technical problems including the ability to provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization. Interpret and execute written/verbal directions and instructions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance.
- Three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent field.
- Technical diploma or Associates degree preferred.
- Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms.
- A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 50%. Per Diem offered.
- Ability to work overtime if needed.
Why Kelly? Kelly® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests. As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today. *Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity, and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.