Accounting Manager - Direct Hire
$90k - $110k - CPA Required - Chesapeake, VA
We are currently looking for a CPA to work as an Accounting Manager for a dynamic team in Chesapeake, VA. This particular company works in the healthcare industry and wants an individual who can manage all general ledger activity related to health plans and employers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing General Ledger staff in these functions:
- Monthly closing
- Reviewing journal entries/balancing system
- Monthly reconciliations
- Ad hoc analysis/analytical financial reviews
- Management of general ledger staff accountants
- Assistance with evaluating contracts and other transactions for accounting purposes
- Establishment of accounting processes for new contract implementations
- Managing the general ledger system
- Ad hoc analysis and accounting work
- CPA license is required
- Bachelor's in Accounting is also required
- Minimum of 7 years work experience, with 5 in public accounting
- Experience with accounting systems for mid-size to large companies such as SAP, Oracle, or PeopleSoft
Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to our top clients who are looking for experienced professionals. Our clients have immediate opportunities for Accounting Managers, so don't let your resume get lost in the shuffle - let us work for you! At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the accounting / finance industry - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture, and growth opportunities. If you are an experienced Accounting Manager, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
Experienced Accounting Managers with strong leadership skills and experience managing others would be a good fit for this role.
Additional requirement of the Accounting Manager / Corporate Controller role include:
•Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
•5 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance
•Expertise in technical accounting, budgeting, planning, and internal controls
Standard Accounting Practices