To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sumner, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sumner CDL A Delivery Driver Trainee - CDL A Required
McLane Company • Sumner, WA
Posted 14 days ago
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- Day 1 benefits include medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) begins after 90 days, and McLane matches your contribution annually.
- Paid holidays and sick time after your first 90 days.
- Schedule and home time: You'll be home daily during training, then follow the route delivery driver schedule after training
Our Driver Academy Partial Program pays you as a Driver Trainee while you gain more experience to become a route-ready McLane Driver teammate. While you're in training, you'll be paired with a Driver Trainer to earn your miles and learn the McLane way of delivering exceptional service and support to our customers. Upon completion of your training you'll be considered a route-ready driver, eligible for route and vacation bids.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 124 years of success. We’re looking for teammates with perseverance who don’t mind taking the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we’ll pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane Drivers do much more than drive. Although that’s an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You’re the person they see week after week. You’ll develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you’ll perform on each route will ensure you’re never bored. You’ll deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops along each route.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Stack and sort delivered goods.
- Pick up merchandise as needed.
- Check vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip.
- Check load inventories against invoice for accuracy.
- Unload via ramp or liftgate and hand cart and/or pallet jack.
- Secure empty pallets in trailer.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your truck.
- Return equipment to its storage location after use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates participate in a pre-hire screening process.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a current Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A).
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Undergo a background check and a drug test.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).