To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Karleigh Chavez
- Phone: 7032701540 x6151
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Help Desk Specialist (Tier 2)
ECS Federal, LLC • Washington, DC
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ECS is seeking a Help Desk Specialist (Tier 2) to work in our Washington, DC office.
- Assist maintaining a reference library to include, but not limited to, creating end user tips and tricks, creating and responding to end user FAQs, providing input to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Support the client in developing and maintaining all technical and procedural documentation pertaining to client designated enterprise mobile device configurations, technical support, processes, and procedures.
- Experience working within a Federal, State, or Local U.S. Government environment, briefing government management on project or task status, and assisting government employees with technical issues or tasks.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- 2- 4 years of experience working in a helpdesk environment providing user support including interfacing with users (phone, email, walk-in) for the initial assessment of service requests and incident triage, opening and assigning tickets, providing user follow up and reporting status to management.
- Minimum 2-4years' of experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7 and 10 Windows Server 2008 and 2012);
- Minimum 2-4years' of experience keeping IT equipment and IT services running, including troubleshooting and fixing IT enterprise issues such as operating system, active directory, and hardware issues such as workstations, servers, and appliances;
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience installing, deploying, and managing Microsoft enterprise services software such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and file and print servers;
- 1 - 2 years of experience providing help desk support for IT customer support issues including VPN, encryption
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to effectively communicate and provide reports on daily efforts.
- The individual must also be able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize items as needed.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Familiarity with ITIL processes (i.e. Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Problem and Incident Management).
- Novice understanding of common IT service management frameworks such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
- Familiarity working within a Microsoft Active Directory-based enterprise environment including working with securely baselined Microsoft Windows workstations.
- Working knowledge and understanding of networking, including routing and switching, firewalls and rule sets, Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS, and other common networking concepts.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.