General Purpose:Job Requirements
The Registered Nurse is responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, directing, providing and evaluating nursing care to patients in accordance with facility/department policies, procedures, clinical guidelines, physician’s orders, and established standards of practice.
• Reads and analyzes technical reports and data (e.g. lab and diagnostic reports), policy and procedure manuals, written physician’s orders, and safety manuals, as well as a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Responds to inquiries and complaints from physicians, patients, family/visitors, colleagues and other health care providers and supervisors.
• Presents written and verbal education and direction to patients, family, licensed and unlicensed staff.
• Utilizes and calculates fractions, percentages, volume, ratios, and proportions, as well as apply basic algebraic concepts to practical situations (e.g. drug calculations, infusion rate calculations) in the course of daily assignments.
• Establishes effective relationships with patients, physicians, families/visitors, coworkers and superiors.
• Provides professional, respectful and compassionate care to all patients.
• Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care provided to all patients assigned.
• Recognizes changing patient conditions and emergency situations and appropriately intervenes.
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills, sound judgment, and leadership in planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the patient.
• Displays a working knowledge of disease pathophysiology, common diagnostic tests and procedures, as well as treatment plans.
• Provides direct care to patients with a wide variety of diagnoses, conditions, and diseases through ongoing contact throughout the assignment/shift.
• Administers medications according to established medication administration principles, physician orders and facility policy and procedures.
• Reviews, interprets, transcribes and carries out physician orders.
• Maintains a safe environment for all patients assigned.
• Operates all patient equipment and devices according to operating instructions and facility policy.
• Provides legible, clear written or electronic documentation of all patient care provided, medications administered, and the patient’s response to care.
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with contracting employer’s policies and procedures.
• Supervises professional and non-professional personnel providing patient care. Provides supervision to others through task assignments, direction, evaluation and feedback of assigned tasks.
• Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
• May have access to personal health information ("PHI") necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:Job Benefits
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
• Current state license in good standing.
• One (1) year of nursing experience and/or as defined by the contracting employer.
• Able to provide proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) training including adults, children and infants. Additional trainings may be required dependent upon specialty or facility requirements.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Sign-on Bonus
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2018 Interim HealthCare Inc.Other Info
- Job City: Santa Rosa
- Job State: CA
- Employee Type: PRN
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations