**Blue Cart - Resi Recycle Driver** **Department:** Operations Illinois **Location:** Chicago, IL **JOB DESCRIPTION** **Residential Recycle Driver** Department: Operations Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt **Reports To** Operations Supervisor **The Company** Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) is the Midwests leading independent recycling and waste solutions company
LRS has grown from $50 million in sales and 220 employees in 2013 to over $225 million in sales and approx
900 employees today
LRS has experienced phenomenal M&A growth, with fourteen acquisitions throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin in the last 60 months
With 15 facilities located throughout Illinois and Wisconsin, LRS controls and processes over 2.5 million tons of waste material a year and recycles or diverts over 50% of that volume
**Position Summary** The Residential Recycle Driver position is one of our most physically demanding jobs
Drivers are responsible for servicing assigned route(s) with the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a disposal site or recycling plant
This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion (lifting, pushing, and pulling trash receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds each from the ground approximately 300-500 times per day) and entering/exiting the truck approximately 600-1000 times per day
Residential Drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights
The hours and physical demands may vary by route or area
• Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
• Provide waste or recycling removal services to customers on assigned route(s) by emptying trash/recycling receptacles into truck and hauling to disposal site.
• Replace trash/recycling receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
• Clean up waste spills and overflows.
• Maintain and update route sheets.
• Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs.
• Maintain and update drivers log sheets.
• Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
• Clean waste from the packer blade and truck body.
• Other duties as assigned
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have at least a valid Class B CDL.
• Must have a valid DOT medical card or obtain prior to hire.
• Must not have any DUIs or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
• Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
• No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
• Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
• Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training
**Physical Demands/Environmental Factors**
• Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
• Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
• Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee
Lakeshore Recycling Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Road Transport
- Customer Service