To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southern View, IL 62703
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Family Guidance Centers, Inc • Southern View, IL
Posted 2 months ago
Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization, treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems. Since 1969, FGC's comprehensive programming has educated and guided individuals toward their full potential as productive members within their own families and our society.
Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interested in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our paid time off compensation package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop patient treatment plans and conducts continued stay review based on research, clinical experience, and patients' histories - using SAMMS assessment on computer. Provide patient intakes, treatment planning, case coordination, staffing, aftercare planning and discharge with individual and group therapy for a full spectrum of referral sources.
- Provides direct clinical service to a full caseload, achieving a minimum of 20 billable hours weekly.
- Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Assess individual's degree of drug dependency by collecting and analyzing drug screening samples.
- Interview patients, review records and confer with other professionals to evaluate individual's mental health and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
- Review and evaluate patients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in patient status.
- Intervene as an advocate for patients or patients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Counsel patients individually, or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Confer with family members or others close to patients to keep them informed of treatment planning and progress (written authorization by patient must be obtained - refer to Federal Confidentiality Regulations for substance abuse treatment).
- Counsels family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting patients (written authorization by patient must be obtained - refer to Federal Confidentiality Regulations for substance abuse treatment).
- Provide patients or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Plan or implement follow-up or aftercare programs for patients to be discharged from treatment programs.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with 42 CFR and HIPAA regulations.
- Follow progress of discharged patients to determine effectiveness of treatments.
- Supervise or direct other workers providing services to patients.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
- Other duties as assigned
Work Location: 120 North Eleventh St, Springfield IL 62703
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm hours may vary depending on the needs of the agency
Number of Openings: 1
Salary starting at $33,000 (Based on experience and credentials)
Start Date : ASAP
Family Guidance Centers, Inc is a Drug Free Environment, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree required. BA degree in Psychology, Social Work, counseling preferred. Master's degree preferred, not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: IAODAPCA Certified Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselor required. Specifically noted, A CADC is required 2 years from date of hire.( If employee has no specific substance use disorder counseling experience) State of Illinois Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred, not required.Related Keywords: OMT Counselor