To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Mateo, CA 94401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Autobahn Motors • San Mateo, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Autobahn Motors a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Processes car deals. Verifies costs for the accounting department, including the costs of reconditioning and equipment add-ons, and handles the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes all new and used vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled.
• Prepares tax and title documents.
• Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
• Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct lien holder paid off before processing title applications.
• Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
• Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
• Bills out all dealer trades and prepares Certificates of Origin.
• Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
• Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the comptroller at the end of month.
• Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full. Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
• Processes/registers all vehicle warranties and extended service contracts, maintaining a log of all contracts processed and mailed.
• Processes yearly renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with comptroller.
• Stays abreast of title regulations. Attends seminars held by local licensing bureaus and any available training on title regulations.
• Cross-trains others to handle title clerk daily responsibilities.
• Conducts periodic training sessions for managers and sales personnel regarding title regulations and procedures and issues a written memo to managers and all sales personnel whenever regulations change.
• Directs title runner in daily routines.
• Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
• Valid drivers license and a good driving record.
• Manual dexterity.
• Good Judgment
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
• All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
• All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.