About the role
The Regional Environmental Specialist is responsible for the implementation and oversight of the company’s policies and procedures for all EPA compliance regulations as well as ensuring that these programs are understood, faithfully executed, and adhered to across assigned portfolio.
What you'll be doing
- Investigates all resident environmental concerns.
- Develops a plan of action for testing and remediation for each environmental concern requiring action.
- Reviews all test results with residents and explains a way forward.
- Develops remediation scopes of work required and supervises work through completion.
- Maintains accurate records related to all environmental hazards and concerns.
- Updates service request history for all work performed in Yardi database.
- Maintain Project(s) Environmental Management Plans for Operational Team.
- Provide regular “classroom” as well as “hands on” training to local team(s).
- Inspect contractors remediation work to ensure quality performance.
- Keeping informed of current and proposed regulations related to assigned region.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who we're looking for
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health, Safety, Science or Environmental Engineering required.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years work experience in a dedicated environment.
- Significant knowledge of led, mold, radon, and / or asbestos along with any proof of certification as needed or required by state law. Company willing to assist and attainment of such certifications.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, work independently and make productive use of time. Must also be able to instill planning and organizational traits to a subordinate level through management techniques and delegation.
- Ability to work effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to accept changes in the work environment manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate tools, controls, phones and computer keyboard. Ability to frequently stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, and stoop. Sit and stand to do clerical work. Lift from floor level to heights of up to 36 inches boxes weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Travel expected 50% to 70%
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our reputation gives our residents, employees, partners, suppliers, investors and the many communities we serve the confidence to trust us and do business with us. Our culture, values—Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, Respect—and code of conduct guide and challenge our employees, provide a clear framework for making the right decisions and form the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.
Hazardous Waste Operations And Emergency Response Standard (Hazwoper)
Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)