Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
4 10's between Monday through Friday Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Nurse Practitioner / PA – Surgery Pre-Admissions Testing
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. The Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to Hartford Hospital.
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Role Scope
- The advanced practice provider (APP) provides pre-admissions testing for surgical patients at Hartford Hospital
- Responsible for coordinating pre-op care including history and physicians (H&P’s), and all required patient testing prior to procedures
- Consults with collaborating providers and specialists when necessary in an effort to achieve the best possible patient outcome.
- Oversees patient care as wells as administrative responsibilities including annual performance evaluations and standard operating procedures to support a LEAN organization; standardize care, reduce waste, improve patient and provider satisfaction and reduce preventable readmissions.
- Performs / completes accurate pre-operative physical exams in accordance with established licensure and certification.
- Selectively orders and interprets appropriate laboratory studies, X-rays, EKGs and other diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Participates in system-wide councils in an effort to standardize care provided by the Pre-Admission Center(s) across the system.
- Drives initiatives to improve surgical outcomes; reduce preventable readmissions, increase patient and provider satisfaction, improve patient outcomes, build relationships with community and hospital providers and increase revenue to the organization.
Schedule: 4 10’s between Monday through Friday Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
- No call, weekends, no holidays!
- The opportunity to join a well-resourced department on the ground level
- A wide patient population
- A collegial atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
Qualifications Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
We take great care of careers.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Master’s program
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Board Certification as an Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), or Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP), or certification as Physician Assistant
- A minimum of 1 year practicing clinically in-person as an advanced practitioner is required
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Adult Nurse Practitioner
Family Nursing Practitioner