Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 in North America, and Forbes named us one of America’s best employers. We’re always looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst, you will work with carriers, operations and customers in procurement, bid analysis, strategy development and implementation to enhance our value to customers. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Gain a clear understanding of the customer’s network, operations, carrier base, modes, strategies and challenges
- Assist with conducting carrier RFQs, analyzing rates and remaining compliant with the overall sourcing strategy
- Learn and become proficient in all related areas, including assisting with conducting RFQs, operating the rate database, managing and maintaining rate schedules/addendums, and assisting with onboarding new carriers
- Compile and interpret performance metrics; analyze historical data to ascertain anomalies or opportunities; benchmark rates for new lanes for customer cost studies
- Develop positive working relationships with other XPO associates
- Interact with senior procurement management, account management, customer associates and carriers
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Solid understanding of transportation modes, transit times and transportation operations
- High-level understanding of mode rate structures
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with intermediate knowledge of Access
It’d be great if you also have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven task management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; able to make sound decisions after training period is completed
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.