How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.Responsibilities
The Front Office Specialist (FOS) is responsible for illustrating exceptional customer service and focus to Wellstar’s patients and customers. This includes greeting customers, registering patients at check-in and check out, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, cash management, and/or adiminstrative functions that support the practice’s operations. The FOS is an important team member in achieving patient experience, employee engagement, and financial goals. This position is considered a highly functioning position where the team member must be able to multi-task while at the same time communicate with various customers.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Customer Service:
* a. In Adherence to our AIDET principles, the FOS will greet patients and guests in a warm, friendly manner in person or on the telephone; identifying self and practice.
* b. Answering incoming calls; directing to appropriate personnel, taking messages when appropriate within the EHR, handling non-clinical processes, and scheduling patient appointments as requested.
* c. Communicating quickly and often with patients, if there is a delay or wait for patient care.
* d. Working with both clinical staff and providers in a team approach.
* e. Managing patient call wait times; being alert to queues in the system, responding to voicemails and messages timely, offer options to call patients back, if they are on hold too long
- Operations/Revenue Cycle:
* a. Registering/scheduling patients for appointments; ensuring patient insurance eligibility through Experion, checking in patients, scanning insurance cards and ID into the EHR, and ensuring completion of all necessary paperwork.
* b. Collecting co-pays and any outstanding balances, adherence to the WMG LD90 cash management policy.
* c. Managing cash allowance; verifying opening balance, ensuring all correct change and collections are made and accounted for, accurately balancing superbills/posting report with bank bag for each daily close.
* d. Checking patients out; collecting any deductibles or self pay account balances, setting up payment arrangements on balances, and/or scheduling next appointment visits
* e. Contacting patients for appointment reminders
* Coordinating with the clinic for pharmaceutical representatives, visitors, sample pick-ups, and other clinic requests
* Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Required
- 1-2 years administrative front office experience in a physician practice or health care setting Preferred
- Previous customer service experience Required
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. The WellStar culture of caring has also been nationally recognized three years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
- Cash Management
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Employee Engagement
- Financial Planning