SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Hawthorn Surgery Center is a busy, multi-specialty, 5 OR, outpatient surgery center, primarily performing orthopedics, ENT, urology, podiatry and pain management procedures. Our center’s new building opened 4 years ago in Vernon Hills, IL and we are growing at an excitingly rapid pace.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Operating Room Nurses - Are you tired of working holidays, weekends and being on call? We are seeking Full-time and Part-time Operating Room Nurses who are dependable, detail-oriented, skilled problem solvers, who exhibit a collaborative and friendly working style. The OR Nurse is responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient care of the patient in the operating room. Hawthorn Surgery Center is pleased to offer competitive benefits and pay for experienced candidates.
- Delivers safe patient care under the direction of the surgeon and anesthesiologist.
- Ensures that the Operating Room is prepared with all necessary supplies, implants, instrumentation, and equipment, in accordance with the physician’s preference card.
- Anticipates the needs of the patient, surgeon, and anesthesiologist throughout the surgical procedure.
- Accurately and legibly documents in the medical record.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate and up to date.
- Effectively communicates with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure continuity of care.
- Responsible for other tasks such as picking supplies for cases, turning over rooms, stocking, etc., as directed by the OR Charge Nurse.
- Exemplify our organization’s values of Clinical Quality, Integrity, Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Current Illinois Nursing License
- 1 year of Operating Room Experience; Orthopedic experience preferred
- Current BLS Certification.
- Current ACLS Certification or completion within 90 days of employment
Please send resumes to : Email blocked - click to apply
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit