This role is responsible for day-to-day Splunk Administration and integration into existing Monitoring Tools (ScienceLogic). Additionally Splunk reporting, monitoring, and error checking are essential tasks of this role.
Experience in the following are a 'plus': ScienceLogic, Solarwinds, Dynatrace, ExtraHopPackage
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you've been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
Nature of Contribution
The goal of this role is to find and log errors in order to report them to the business unit. Success in this role hangs on one's ability to analyze the logs in order to identify errors and be a 'value add' to the business as it relates to error checking.
Additionally this role will help contribute towards making sure that Splunk is deployed across the entire organization.
The work of this role is integral to business goals because it is one facet of the monitoring process.
Although this role is an individual contributor, the team is comprised of 4 individuals that specialize in ScienceLogic, Solarwinds, Dynatrace, and ExtraHop.
This role reports directly to the Global Infrastructure Architect who is responsible for giving the enterprise monitoring to the different LOB leaders in order to make sure that their applications are running smoothly.Ideal Candidate
- 2+ year's experience with Splunk on a large enterprise level
- Any experience with Splunk Cloud
- 5+ years in IT infrastructure, networking, architecture, administration, or security (Heavy Linux Skills)
- Strong preference for consultants with extensive experience architecting/developing/deploying/configuration of customized technical add-ons for Splunk
- Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems
- Experience working in a multiserver environment
- PERL/Linux shell scripting/Regex experience would be highly preferable
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Splunk training and/or certifications would be a major plus
Perl (Programming Language)