: This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
A System Engineer is a highly skilled administrator with expert knowledge in at least one operating system or software package supported by the department. They work with a high degree of independence to develop systems to support the business. Engineers are primarily focused on the design, or integration of various systems, application servers, databases, and third-party packages.
Essential Job Functions
- Generally takes leadership role in guiding projects through the complete implementation life cycle
- Typical focus is on system design for optimal performance
- Responsible (takes ownership) for multiple systems
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles
- Participate or lead the development of multiple projects at one time
- Conducts security and system performance reviews and ensures best practices are being followed
- Reviews overall security of systems to determine state of regulatory compliance (PCI, Sox, etc).
- Reviews requirements and state of license compliance of systems.
- Recommend system improvements and changes to systems, as needed
- Perform analysis of systems, hardware or software to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems
- Lead various meetings to gather system requirements and project details
- Conduct system demos to educate and train others in the use of system
- Create or update advanced project documentation
- Test systems to validate proper functionality and performance
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of server administration experience
- Advanced understanding of one or more server operating systems supported by department
- Ability to lead and get results from others
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Expert software debugging and testing knowledge
- Advanced understanding of complex computer systems (multiple programs, databases, communications etc)
- Advanced knowledge of system services, database systems, and systems analysis and design
- Ability to write advanced technical documentation
- Advanced problem-solving skills Good verbal and written communications skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to learn independently
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent