To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
233 South Patterson Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
O'Reilly Auto Parts • Springfield, MO
Posted 15 days ago
A System Engineer is a highly skilled administrator with expert knowledge in at least one operating system or software package supported by the department. They work with a high degree of independence to develop systems to support the business. Engineers are primarily focused on the design, or integration of various systems, application servers, databases, and third-party packages.
Essential Job Functions
- Generally takes leadership role in guiding projects through the complete implementation life cycle
- Typical focus is on system design for optimal performance
- Responsible (takes ownership) for multiple systems
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles
- Participate or lead the development of multiple projects at one time
- Conducts security and system performance reviews and ensures best practices are being followed
- Reviews overall security of systems to determine state of regulatory compliance (PCI, Sox, etc).
- Reviews requirements and state of license compliance of systems.
- Recommend system improvements and changes to systems, as needed
- Perform analysis of systems, hardware or software to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems
- Lead various meetings to gather system requirements and project details
- Conduct system demos to educate and train others in the use of system
- Create or update advanced project documentation
- Test systems to validate proper functionality and performance
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of server administration experience
- Advanced understanding of one or more server operating systems supported by department
- Ability to lead and get results from others
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Expert software debugging and testing knowledge
- Advanced understanding of complex computer systems (multiple programs, databases, communications etc)
- Advanced knowledge of system services, database systems, and systems analysis and design
- Ability to write advanced technical documentation
- Advanced problem-solving skills Good verbal and written communications skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to learn independently
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent