The primary duty is making sales of the Company's products to customers. He/she is expected to obtain sales by (i) soliciting new prospects for customers and (ii) persuading regular customers to increase the amount of their purchases, or to purchase new Company products. In conjunction with the route salesperson's outside sales and solicitations, he/she will be expected to deliver product to customers along his/her route and/or within his/her territory.
Essential Job Duties
• Solicit new and existing customers on a daily basis and promote and sell the Company's products to customers.
• Develop relationships with and provide service to existing customers that insures customer retention and customer loyalty.
• Identify potential new customers and solicit business from the same.
• Be familiar with the Company's product literature and be able to convey product information and availability to customers to insure the growth of both revenue and the number of customers along route and/or within territory.
• Attend regular sales training meetings to review sales performance and to discuss sales goals and ways to improve sales performance.
• Provide exemplary customer service.
• Operate Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner with a valid driver's license.
• Deliver products to customers along route and/or within territory -- verify parts delivered to customers and obtain signature of customer confirming the accuracy compared to the work order.
• Protect company assets by diligently performing all duties in a safe manner, including safely handling products delivered and payments collected.
• Comply with established company policies and procedures.
• Assumes other duties as assigned.