Quality Lab Technician (Food, Food Science, Food Technology, Microbiology)
Test all raw, intermediate, and finished products as well as collecting and testing environmental samples according to established procedures. Discover and prevent defects and improve quality. Work with a high degree of accuracy and concentration to produce valid test results in a timely manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform receiving lab duties including AQL's, observing sample collections, and preparation for next day.
- Complete entry into the computer systems and generate requested reports.
- Perform testing using the Vidas and PCR tests, acidity tests, fat analysis, environmental swabs and other appropriate lab equipment.
- Prepare chemical solutions and media required for laboratory testing.
- Sterilize equipment as needed.
- Maintain lab records of samples, test results, and lab quality control measures in an up-to-date, legible, and accurate manner ensuring the accuracy of results.
- Certify that finished product is suitable for sale by meeting government and customer specifications.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of the lab and the integrity of all testing results.
- Perform basic microbiology and environmental sampling as required.
- Follow all good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
Education and/or experience in a science-related field (Biology, Food Science, or Microbiology)
Prestage Foods is a turkey processing plant located in St. Pauls, NC. We offer medical, dental, 401(k), paid holidays and paid vacation.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
Good Manufacturing Practices