Human Resources General
Job Posting Title:
Human Resources Generalist
To assist with administration of HR Policies and Procedures to ensure legal compliance, including but not limited to; payroll, recruiting/on boarding, benefits administration, workers' compensation, training and employee & union relations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in investigating, answering and settling grievances and employee complaints of moderate complexity.
- Ownership of plant Payroll. This includes weekly payroll processing/auditing, document preparation, data entry, supplying unemployment information, complete employment verifications, routing all HR correspondence and other miscellaneous administrative duties.
- Owns onboarding process; equipment/services ordering, network/system access, scheduling and conducting new hire orientation. HRIS entry, including compensation changes.
- Actively participates in the staffing and selection process for the plant: internal and external.
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies/procedures and Human Resources processes.
- Learning and Development Initiatives at all levels of the plant.
- Point of contact for benefit questions as they arise including resolution of any problems.
- Assists with coaching and counseling in order to address behavioral and performance issues with hourly and salary employees.
- Works with all levels of employees on Performance Management.
- Ability to develop, implement, and deliver on regional HR projects, as needed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning all areas of HR and employment.
- Assists HR Manager and EHS Manager in the management of workman's compensation process and EHS initiatives.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (List all required):
- Union/Labor relations preferred, but not required; Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be fluent (reading and writing) in Spanish
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels in the organization
- Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy in dealing with executives, staff members, clients and visitors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of employment law
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required - Type: Human Resources/Organizational Behavior/Labor Relations/Employee Relations Preferred
Minimum Experience Preferred (Number of years and type): 3 - 5 years' experience preferred, especially in a manufacturing environment. Fluent in Spanish: reading and writing
Physical Activity/Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. Also, the employee may be required to lift up to 55lbs. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Human Resources Generalist. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.