To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Burlington Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level CDL A Driver Trainee Program - $2500 Sign On Bonus! Get Paid While You Earn Your Miles!
McLane Company • Burlington Township, NJ
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
- Average pay: $40k - $45k/year during training; $65k - $70k/year after training.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) begins after 90 days, and McLane matches your contribution annually.
- Paid holidays and sick time after your first 90 days.
- Schedule and home time: You'll be home daily during training, then follow the route delivery driver schedule after training.
Join McLane as a Class A Delivery Driver Apprentice and put your new CDL to work. Our Driver Apprenticeship program is U.S. Department of Labor-registered.
We are also one of a select few trucking companies approved by the Veterans Administration to offer the GI Bill program to qualified Veteran Driver Trainees! If you are a military veteran and you qualify for McLane's Warriors 2 Wheels program, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly stipend payments from the VA, depending on your active duty status. While you are in training, you will be paired with a Driver Trainer to earn your miles and learn the McLane way of delivering exceptional service and support to our customers. Prior experience (via driving or eligible MOS) may count toward your mentored driving time requirements.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 124 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who do not mind taking the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that is an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You are the person they see week after week. You will develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you will perform on each route will ensure that you are not bored. You will deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops along each route.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Stack and sort delivered goods.
- Pick up merchandise as needed.
- Check vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip.
- Check load inventories against invoice for accuracy.
- Unload via ramp or liftgate and hand cart and/or pallet jack.
- Secure empty pallets in trailer.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your truck.
- Return equipment to its storage location after use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates participate in a pre-hire screening process.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a current Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A).
- No more than 2 moving violations within 3 years.
- No DUI/DWI convictions within past 5 years.
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Undergo a background check and a drug test.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).