Apex Systems is seeking an experienced SDET professional for one of our Financial Services clients in Charlotte, NC. This person will sit on the Customer Information Analytics team and will play a key role in implementing test automation processes in an agile environment.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) – Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the engineer team in reviews of technical specifications and program code with an emphasis on testability
- Assurance of Clean Code Development: readability, changeability, extensibility and maintainability
- Analysis of legacy code for advisement and coaching to adhere to clean code development and build the appropriate tests
- Analyze the requirements and help with defining the acceptance criteria for the features that are being developed
- Work closely with the Product team to understand their expectations of how a feature would function
- Decompose user stories/requirements to identify what tests need to be created and automated across the full solution stack (business logic, contract, journey, accessibility, visual, performance)
- Work in tandem with the developers to automate tests for the full solution stack (business logic, contract, journey, accessibility, visual, performance)
- Work with the development and operations teams to debug testing failures
- Actively monitor post-release metrics to identify any defects that may have slipped through the cracks
- Write tests that expose the defect before any fix is attempted
- Evaluate existing testing methodologies and suggest new techniques that will help deliver high-quality features faster
- Improve, maintain, and execute automated testing across the full solution stack
- Maintain a solid understanding of QA workflows and test automation best practices
- Maintain proficiency in application and use of systems, tools, and processes
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Agile Software Development
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 959550
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile