Reporting to the Controller, the Sr. Accountant II is a key player on a team that is responsible for the coordination, preparation and reporting of the complex monthly and year-end financial statements. This position performs a wide variety of accounting duties in connection of the month end general ledger closing process and preparation of various financial statements, management reports, journal transactions and other supporting schedules.
- General accounting position to perform assigned duties within the accounting function including month-end close responsibilities of preparing, reviewing, and posting journal entries
- Performing account reconciliations including recording and reconciling ERP system transactions to the general ledger
- Managing and administering the company travel program, the corporate credit card program, and the corporate purchasing card program
- Managing and preparing sales and use tax returns and tax audits, evaluating the proper tax status of jobs and wholesale transactions
- Reconciling quarterly and annual payroll accounts, and performing annual payroll reporting tasks
- Accounts payable vendor set up and maintenance, participating in special projects, and performing other duties as required.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Excellent analytical skills
- Professional communication skills
- High ethical standards
- Account reconciliations
- Accounts payable
- Problem resolution
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Possess a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Self-starter that can work independently
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Minimum five years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of and application of GAAP
- Experience with multi-state sales and use tax (3 years minimum)
- Experience with Sage 300 CRE (Timberline) accounting software (Preferred)
- Experience with multi-state payroll including unions, certified payroll, and prevailing wages (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office experience including advanced Excel skills including formulas, pivot tables, and macros
- Basic knowledge of ERP systems and cost accounting
Apply today and find a job YOU will love!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. No one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
- Accounts Payable
- Balance Sheet
- Enterprise Resource Planning