The Naval Architect will provide technical support within the New Building organization for all RCCL building projects including the design and documentation of the architectural aspects of construction projects undertaken by the department in accordance with established systems and procedures.
This position requires travel to foreign countries in order to perform the duties of the job. Travel locations are global, with the majority located in Europe, Singapore, and west coast of USA / Canada. Other countries are visited while performing ship inspections. Travel periods range from 5 days to 6 weeks depending on the specific project and work location. Must have a valid passport and any Visas required to live and work in the USA. Total travel away from home will be an out 10-20% of the year depending on the projects worked on.
- Degree in Naval Architecture or equivalent
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in shipping or passenger environment and knowledge of relevant International and Flag State Regulations regarding design of passenger ships.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be familiar with modern commercial shipbuilding technology, new computer tools for simulations, analysis and calculations, be updated on best practices within shipbuilding. Ability to understand and interpret all relevant rules and regulations applied to shipbuilding. Ability to understand and interpret various drawings including architectural plans, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, ability to collaborate with others in the company, at our site offices or vendors globally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Word and Excel. Internet and e-mail literate with ability to send, receive and attach files as required. Working knowledge of various computer aided design programs and analysis programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, and stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a PC, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations and may lift, push, pull or move 10-15 pounds. Visual requirement include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The environment includes work inside/outside the office, travel to other offices, possibly travel domestic and international, and work in shipboard functions. A high noise level is possible if visiting shipboard or offsite locations.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.