To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Director, Corporate Procurement, Technology
Hilton Corporate • McLean, VA
Posted 20 days ago
Hilton Supply Management (HSM) uses their expertise to forecast and proactively manage our property's supply chains, so hotel employees can focus on what's important - the guest experience. With more than 6,000 hotels in our program (including over 1,500 non-Hilton-branded hotels), HSM drives massive economies of scale and negotiates competitive contracts with industry-leading suppliers - ensuring direct savings on the products their hotel partners use most.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Director, Corporate Procurement, Technology will work under the VP Corporate Procurement and will develop strategies and lead strategic sourcing execution of all Technology spend categories to drive efficiencies and business value for the corporate functional organization. You will lead the deliberate planning, development, and coordination of Technology spend and sourcing activities to advance Company goals, while effectively communicating key messages to key partners. You will primarily support our Technology organization.
More specifically, you will:
Strategic Thinking and Execution -
- Use domain expertise in procurement and category management to develop strategies and directions for all Technology spend categories, evaluating efforts to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of large supplier contracts and projects.
- Lead the strategic planning, development, and coordination of all Technology strategic sourcing activities. This inclusive of contributing as a procurement authority on all projects and initiatives and providing sourcing acumen across multiple functions.
Leadership and People Management -
- Use your leadership acumen to ensure top-level talent is in place within the organization while continually developing current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance.
- Provide direction and directives to departmental team members in the performance of their duties, guiding them with establishing work priorities and in achieving management objectives.
- Partner with Technology, Legal, and Finance leadership to ensure the overall strategic direction of the Supply Management team is consistent with and supported by all these areas.
Business Performance and Accountability -
- Oversee contractual negotiations and contract administration for all Technology sourcing needs.
- Ensure Hilton's Enterprise Architecture requirements and frameworks are driven throughout the sourcing and contracting process, enabling control of overall technology sprawl across the Enterprise.
- Provide alignment and support to the Technology Team, who manage overall key operational and supplier performance governance functions.
- Streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department and across the global enterprise.
Communication and Relationship Building -
- Use your excellent presentation and public speaking skills to engage with business functional leaders.
- Effectively coordinate with the Technology team and the Source-to-Contract Center of Excellence (S2C COE) to prepare and execute sourcing activities (research, RFPs, contract negotiations, etc.)
- Cultivate effective partnerships with key suppliers, constituents, and other functional partners.
- Proactively identify diverse service providers using a preferred supplier network.
- In conjunction with the Technology team, conduct effective management of third-party partners. This includes consolidating these products and services to realize economies of scale through reduced product and acquisition costs worldwide.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking visionaries, who are passionate about procurement and who would love the chance to enable our team members across the globe to provide extraordinary guest experiences. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to establish credibility and engage with technical audiences
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems. This includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration with others.
- Self-starters, who take initiative to have a solid grasp of their category and the procurement industry at large
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Respectful teammates, who possess a good work ethic and high degree of integrity
- Teammate, who works well with others, while employing diplomacy with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Eight (8) years of experience in Technology Sourcing/Category management
- Three (3) years of experience in developing and implementing category plans and strategies
- Three (3) years' experience managing teams of two (2) or more people
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in related field (i.e., Supply Chain, Engineering, Business)
- Ten (10) years' experience within the Technology strategic sourcing category and working in the Technology field
- Five (5) years of experience managing teams of two (2) or more people
- Four (4) years' experience with sourcing and contract negotiations for Technology spend
- Experience working in a large, global, matrixed organization
- Experience with Ariba, SAP and Salesforce
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!