To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD 20892
- Justin Dehorty
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Scientific Communications Editor - NIH - Rockville, MD
Kelly Government Solutions • Bethesda, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Scientific Communications Editor - NIH - Rockville, MD Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientific Communications Editor to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD. OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Compile information for and work with staff on the writing and editing of key messages on new scientific publications, press releases, research news highlights, NIH fact sheets, articles for the Division newsletter, Linkage, responses to inquiries from Congress, the public, the media, communications and roll-out plans, web content and social media content.
- Work with staff on the management of high-profile projects and roll-out of high-profile research findings.
- Provide editing, reviewing and the clearance of study newsletters.
- Work with staff on media training, including the development of media training materials
- Track requests for media interviews with Division experts, publication of scientific manuscripts and participation of at key scientific meetings.
- Aid with liaison activities to other components of NCI, including the Office of Communications and Public Liaison, Office of Congressional and Government Relations, Office of Advocacy Relations, and other research Divisions.
- Review, edit and manage clearance materials that come to DCEG for review.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- B.S. or B.A. in related field (Master's degree in related field, preferred).
- Minimum of three (3) years of public affairs and communications experience (science communications, preferred).
- Track-record of success writing for the web and social media, including content management, search engine optimization and other best practices.
- Very strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Highly-skilled in proofreading and editing.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE. Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.