To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clinton, NC 28328
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional Live Operations Accounting Manager
Butterball, LLC • Clinton, NC
Posted 13 days ago
This position will provide the expertise and dedicated effort required to perform or oversee month end closing activities as well as the routine analysis and measurement of the three Midwest meat bird operations.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for oversight of all Midwest Live Op’s Accounting Functions including all feed mills, meatbird operations, and support departments.
- Responsible for oversight of all Midwet closing activities for month and year-end closing including journal entries, production reporting to upper management, balance sheet account responsibilities and reconciliations, outside/internal audit requirements, payroll reconciliation and governmental reporting.
- Responsible for oversight of all agristat reporting for Midwest feedmill and meatbird operations. Also, review all other Midwest Live closing procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the completion of the budgeting process for feed mills and meatbird operations including projecting the final bird cost to the plants for Midwest operations.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting for all Midwest Live Operations includuing capital expenditure requests, tracking of requests, and disposals of current assets.
- Oversee/Prepare weekly/monthly/yearly management and variance reports for all Midwest Live Operations.
- Supervise 3 direct accounting staff involved with the Midwest Live operations in Missouri and Arkansas. All supervisory roles including yearly performance reviews, pay adjustments, and all aspects of directing their workflow.
- Drive process improvements through Midwest Live Op’s accounting to gain efficiencies and resolve obstacles his/her staff may encounter.
- Implementation and accounting analysis of all grower related contracts.
- Train with direct reports to learn critical functions and serve as backup in their absence.
- Various other responsibilities involving Mtech and SAP as they relate to live cost accounting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good verbal, written and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills particularly with Microsoft office. Experience with SAP preferred, Mtech experience a plus.
- Experience with account structures, cost accounting, have knowledge of how inventory moves.
- Ability to work well with others including supervising and coaching associates would be preferred.
- Motivated individual capable of motivating others (by example) with excellent work history.
- Will require travel between Midwest locations.
Education & Experience:
- Seven years of Accounting Experience with an emphasis on cost, in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Supervisory experience would be preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business or equivalent preferred, but will consider Associates Degree with exceptional experience and skill set preferred