Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Pipeline
Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
Functional Duties: Cyber Systems Administrator (HBSS)
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of systems associated with the HBSS framework and product suites.
- Provide O&M support to Linux-based appliances and servers.
- Maintain the integrity and security of network devices.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Participate in special projects as required.
BA/BS 10+or a combination of: (Education Degree from an Accredited Institute in an Area Applicable to the Position)
• High School Diploma + 14 years
• Associate's Degree + 12 years
• Bachelor's Degree + 10 years
• Master's Degree + 8 years
• PhD + 6 years
- A TS/SCI clearance with CI poly(or able to obtain CI poly)
- Security+ or other approved DoD 8570 IAT II certification prior to employment. Other viable certifications that meet this requirement are CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP.
- Obtain an 8570 IASAE II certification within six months from the date of hire. Viable certifications that meet this requirement are CASP+CE, CISSP (or Associate) or CSSLP.
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to HBSS Systems Administrator and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to HBSS Systems Administrator.
When it comes to Cyber, GDIT is looking for people with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a thirst for knowledge. Are you the person with the passion, intellect, and skills to learn the procedures and tools towards becoming a great cyber defense professional? We are looking for people with the ability to learn new concepts and introduce new ideas that propel GDIT to the next level of cyber operational efficiency and help our customers reduce their exposure to cyber threats.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.