To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Inventory Accounting Manager
LyondellBasell • Houston, TX
Posted 26 days ago
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This position will support the Global Process Owner - Inventory Accounting in the transformation of the GPS Inventory Accounting organization to the new segment financial organization structure with globally led processes within a shared services infrastructure.
The position is responsible for Managing the O&P Segment Inventory Accounting team and for ensuring accurate complete and timely transactional processing with consistent application of global accounting procedures (in line with policy) and the sign off of appropriate accounting transactions. Transactional responsibilities include US GAAP and IFRS inventory accounting, volumetric controls, LIFO and FIFO inventory valuation, product costing, inventory adjustments, performing inventory oversight reviews. Also, represents Inventory Accounting on inventory related projects and continually drives for global inventory accounting process automation and improvements and development of Inventory Accounting staff.
This position also acts as the Inventory Accounting and Supply Chain process subject matter expert (SME) responsible for guidance to all Inventory Accounting Segment Leaders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor direct reports in delivering efficient and effective processes on behalf of GPS Inventory Accounting and in accordance with corporate policies and legislative requirements.
- Member of cross functional teams representing their region and process area as SME's to ensure appropriate implementation of agreed improvement solutions.
- Manage a high performing transactional processing team with globally benchmarked role profiles, team skills gap assessment and appropriate recruitment plan. Manage the hiring process within the agreed headcount budget, ensuring appropriate talent pool is developed, selected and maintained.
- Support the Global Process Owner to deliver a culture of performance within the team, ensuring the company's performance management process is embedded and delivered within the timelines. This includes ensuring formal performance reviews are conducted to provide real-time affirmative and constructive feedback that is linked to clearly defined and SMART objectives and goals and development plans are implemented to facilitate career path aspirations.
- Perform SOx controls and maintain evidence of control for area of responsibility.
- Support Global Process Owners in the management of the Genpact accounting services as they relate to  transaction processing (if applicable to respective area)
- Support and implement agreed process improvement initiatives within the regional process team.
- Act as the escalation point for regional process and people issues. Encourage initiative and self-directed performance. Escalate unresolved issues to the Global Process Owner.
- Deliver the expectations of the process owner in managing the respective processes ensuring tasks, activities and sub-processes are standardized, aligned across the team including back-up for other regional teams.
- Act as key focal point for decision support and analysis to Process Owners to ensure information/analysis provided is properly evaluated and supported.
- In conjunction with the Global Process Owners, implement and maintain process goals and align job performer roles and responsibilities to deliver process level goals.
- Implement and track process performance indicators and metrics and explain trends in performance and against benchmarks.
- Responsible to ensure SOX controls are executed by the process team in accordance with Internal Control guidelines.
- Responsible to review key quarterly / monthly controls and to support the process owner in the quality review of all key controls to ensure controls continue to operate effectively.
- Responsible to continuously seek opportunity to improve controls. Provide support to the process leader for tracking implemented performance indicators and metrics and explaining trends in performance.
- Support the Global Process Owner to develop, implement and maintain appropriate process overviews, global accounting procedures and process controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley and in compliance with corporate and accounting policies.
- Responsible to continuously seek opportunity to improve controls.
- Prepare and monitor a team budget to ensure appropriate allocation of resources to meet process goals and to positively influence the budget of functions contributing to processes.
- Experienced in leading an operational finance team (e.g. Financial Shared Service function, managing a closing process or Finance Manager) in an organization with similar regional operational scale and geographic footprint.
- In-depth understanding of technical US GAAP across a variety of topics is required. Some exposure to local European GAAP and IFRS is an advantage.
- Experience with Internal Controls and SOX/404 requirements.
- Experience in a global, fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
- Deep understanding of the business and finance processes within the Petrochemicals business model, highly desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years of finance and/or accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
Finance Professional certification e.g. CPA, CIMA, a plus
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston