Support the goals and KPI’s of the Quality Department by defining and implementing manufacturing process controls, monitoring compliance to our QMS, and providing technical support to inspectors and line leads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use statistical analysis to identify and eliminate systemic assembly and fabrication quality issues
- Work with production staff and quality inspectors to resolve production issues using 8D style root cause analysis/problem solving methods
- Identify, lead, and implement product and process improvements to ensure product quality
- Qualify new product development and product design changes to ensure product reliability
- Develop methods to evaluate supplied components and work with vendors to improve supplier quality
- Develop and maintain Quality process and work instruction documentation
- Improve and maintain existing equipment calibration program
- Support Quality Manager in maintaining ISO 14001/9001 certifications
- Lead investigations and containment of nonconforming product
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Employee is expected to work independently and without direction once tasks are assigned. The employee is also expected to bring forward ideas and issues to be addressed without being prompted. Unusual or critical circumstances are subject to consultation and help from supervisor. Time management skills are essential to this position.
This position has no direct supervisory roles.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing engineering or related field preferred
- At least 4 years of manufacturing quality related work experience
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred
- Experience with transferring equipment/product lines is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to interpret prints, wiring diagrams and work instructions and explain to others
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to use SAP, Minitab, and/or Windchill software preferred
- ISO 9001/14001 knowledge preferred
- Strong math and statistical skills
- Understanding/experienced with measurement and test methods such as ASTM
- Ability to draw up testing protocols for machines and components based on product specification requirements
- Project management skills required; must be able to make a committed plan and yield expected results including meeting budget and time constraints
- Strong time management skills and ability to balance multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with limited information
- Collaborate with other support/engineering groups on writing and implementing Engineering Changes Notices
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Able to apply statistical process controls and act upon findings.
Ability to use and teach others on use of torque wrenches, dial gauges, ring/thread gauges and other hand tools commonly used in Quality Control. Able to read part drawings and use QC tools to determine if part meets dimensional specifications or not. Knowledge of small gas/diesel powered motors, pumps, and electrical wiring a beneficial but not required.
Regularly required to stand, walk and sit, sometimes for long periods. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Able to use a computer for extended periods.
WORK ENVIRONMENTTraditional office / manufacturing / assembly / fabrication / warehouse environments with variations to temperature related to the seasons, with typical warehouse heating and cooling. The work environment includes noise related to manufacturing equipment, fork truck traffic, tool operation, and related activities. Minimal (<10%) Travel required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. These may be added, removed, changed or reassigned as needed to accommodate business requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Resolve Quality Issue
Perform Statistical Analysis
Use Statistical Tool
Use Quality Tool