American-Mercy Home Care has provided home care and wellness services for over 43 years. Their innovative services and specialty programs recognize the needs of each patient and promote the highest quality of life. Their goal is to ensure all services consistently exceed quality measures and the expectations of patients and referring physicians. American-Mercy Home Care provides quality care through a team of registered nurses, social workers, companions, dieticians, aides and physical, occupational and speech therapists
Your work should be more than just a job. With us, you can expect a rewarding career, family-friendly work schedules and an opportunity to make a difference, to have a voice and to advance your career.
Enjoy the flexibility this position can bring while making a difference in your community!
The Physical Therapist develops, implements, and supervises the home care plan for the physical rehabilitation of patients, under the direction of the attending physician and clinical branch leadership.
- Performs initial evaluations and establishes care plan, including environmental modifications, for continued needs based on the patient assessment. Performs physical therapy treatments according to the plan of treatment. Evaluates and revises care plans and assignment sheets based on changes in patients and the environment.
- Reports changes in patient condition to appropriate personnel and the attending physician.
- Provides patient care education to patient and other caregivers.
- Participates in coordination of services with other disciplines and community resources as needed.
- Provides paraprofessional supervision as required by policy and regulations. Provides supervision for physical therapy assistants (PTA) as prescribed by state and federal regulations. Visits all patients under PTA care every thirty days.
- Completes and submits all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Currently licensed to practice in the state serviced.
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR Certification (all locations)