Product Engineer I Job ID(Requisition ID):
4353 Job Summary
The Product Engineer provides primary customer contact for New Product Launch (NPL) activities and is responsible for all manufacturing processes, materials, and tooling to ensure products are assembled to customer expectations.
Essential Functions and Competencies
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Take full manufacturing responsibility, leading products through prototype, pilot and production builds
- Oversee the implementation of customer documentation changes and internal change orders
- Report on the status of NPL activities
- Use statistical tools to lead quality improvement within the customer team
- Drive internal and external corrective action plans
- Actively participate in new customer development and new business development
- Analyze line return information to understand and drive corrective action on manufacturing process issues
- Perform product level FMEAs as required
- Demonstrate ability to work individually or in teams
- Possess effective communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work weekends and off-shifts as needed
- Possess effective prioritization and organizational skills with particular attention to detail
- Possess and understanding of manufacturing systems and tooling development
- Ability to travel, including day and overnight
0-5+ years of electronics manufacturing experience
4 year Engineering or Technical degree Job Category
Manufacturing Job Location
Rochester, MN, USA Schedule
Day Pay Type
Salary Travel Requirement
Yes Job Type
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.
Attention To Detail
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 4353
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. (BEI) is a full-service Electronic Manufacturing Services company offering design, manufacturing, test, system assembly, order fulfillment, and warranty repair services for a broad range of electronic OEMs.
View the full profile
BEI is a $2.47 billion multi-national corporation with manufacturing sites in Texas, California, Minnesota, Alabama, North Dakota, New Hampshire, Mexico, Brazil, Romania, Netherlands, China, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. BEI offers our comprehensive EMS services to the following industries: High End Computer & Servers, Medical, Telecom, Test/Measurement, Industrial Controls, and Military / Aerospace. BEI excels in providing service in a flexible environment with high technology and quality requirements. Our size, service offerings and worldwide reach allows customers the opportunity to leverage BEI’s extensive World-Class Quality Systems, state-of-the-art Technology, Supply Chain Management capabilities, and Corporate Materials Purchasing Power.