The Unit Clerk is responsible for clerical and receptionist duties on the nursing unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Order entry/retrieval of patient data via computer.
2) Communicates effectively with healthcare team members.
3) Responsible for maintaining orderly nursing station
4) Orders supplies and maintains par levels
5) Processes charts for admissions and discharges
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Office Assistant certificate or prior Unit Clerk experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Good Computer Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- BLS preferred
- Ability to work in high-stress environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Refer to Nursing Policy IV-F.3