ITAC is helping a great organization in Birmingham, AL as they search for a Director of Infrastructure Technology. This person will be expected to help develop a vision for technology architecture, create a roadmap, plan for the ongoing evolution, and establish and manage partnerships for implementation.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Lead the architecture and infrastructure activities that drive the definition and evolution of the technology infrastructure products and platforms.
- Provide thought leadership and oversight of government regulations and security requirements.
- Identify technology industry best practices and apply them in a way that is tailored to be relevant for our business.
- Oversight and governance on transformation projects and vendor management responsibilities for key infrastructure partners.
- Collaborate with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute roadmaps and migration plans.
- Utilize working knowledge of cloud infrastructure components, complex infrastructure and platforms, software design and development, systems operations, DevOps, database architecture and design, networking and IT security.
- Assure successful implementation and functionality of security requirements and appropriate IT policies and procedures that are consistent with the organization’s missions and goals.
- Ensure plans of actions are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, and inspections.
- Use federal and industry specific published documents to manage operations and IT compliance of computing environment systems.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- U.S. Citizenship
- Possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain needed government security clearance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well organized
- Experience with required technology (Microsoft Products, AWS, cloud applications, etc)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional work experience
What could set you apart from the rest (preferred skills / experience / knowledge):
- Technical Acumen- Strong domain knowledge in cloud design and development, working knowledge of current IT and systems technologies and standards.
- Business Acumen/Leadership- Ability to command the respect and trust of not only IT peers, but also business management. Strong understanding of business requirements and systems life cycles that are related to enterprise architecture.