Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking and Accounting Specialist, Payroll for Rutgers Payroll Services. Reporting to a Payroll Supervisor, this positions is primarily responsible for processing and completion of salary reallocations in PeopleSoft that are input into the Salary and Wage Redistribution Justification (SWRJ) application.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
* Completes salary reallocations ensuring reallocations are processed in a timely manner.
* Generates and analyzes the output of various payroll and commitment accounting system processes
* Processes payroll
* Processes emergency checks.
* Analyses requests, reviews job and contract data
* Runs various payroll and commitment accounting processes. Reviews output and edit reports. Determines necessary action to correct errors and continue the payroll cycle.
* Provides assistance and guidance to University employees regarding salary reallocations and employee charging instructions
* Assists in training related to Commitment Accounting/SWRJ classes
* Resolves all employee and/or department inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner