To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cyber Scientist 5
Battelle Memorial Institute • Chantilly, VA
Posted 11 days ago
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Do you like solving the hardest computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, and competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
Battelle Cyber Engineers solve the toughest Computer Science problems in the world. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Our team is casual. We usually wear t-shirts and jeans. We are a close-knit group and enjoy participating in social activities outside of work. Whether it is visiting local restaurants, bowling, Korean BBQ, or paintball we always have a good time.
Battelle is committed to its employee’s professional growth. We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about.
- Collaborate with the Cyber Innovations Team to develop software systems that aid in data analytics, network-based applications, reverse engineering tasks, embedded system development, and integration of hardware.
- Provides direction and coaching to lower level staff around strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions and problem approaches.
- Utilizes understanding of project plan to ensure identified tasking aligns with deliverable and guides staff to meet deliverables. Works independently to create a finished product. Acts as principal investigator on medium programs/ tasks consisting of a multi-staff team. Identifies staffing needs and issues.
- Works with internal and external clients and partners. Communicates with client regarding schedule and project performance, manages partner relationships, and facilitates client and partner meetings. Authors and conducts briefings for clients, regulators, and stakeholders and in public forums as necessary. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the information being presented and can be relied on to respond to client questions as they arise, engaging SMEs where appropriate.
- Conceptualizes, leads and supports multiple Internal Research and Development (IRAD) projects.
- Leads collaboration efforts including brainstorming on complex technical issues. Provides mentoring and technical guidance to lower level staff and encourages development through collaboration and the open exchange of ideas.
- Draws from understanding of business' product offerings and strategic growth vision to contribute to the development of a strategic plan and support successful, ongoing business development efforts involving Cyber programs. Coordinates and participates in Battelle-sponsored marketing events or conferences and plays an active role in identifying, cultivating, and capturing major business opportunities. May participate in industry conferences and increases company visibility through publications or online presence.
- Manages small scale proposals or major sections of large proposals, and serves as a key contributor during win theme meetings and red team reviews. Evaluates RFPs and derives requirements for deliverables, independently forms technical approach from differentiators and oversees support by lower level staff. May serve as proposal manager or Technical Volume lead on medium proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field of study; Master’s degree with 7+ years’ experience; or PhD with 4+ years’ experience, or equivalent experience
- Experience with all of the following:
- Coding in C or C++
- Developing and debugging software for embedded systems
- Developing embedded microprocessor based systems including digital and analog circuit design
- Assembly language programming for at least one family of microprocessors (x86, x64, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, etc.)
- Reverse engineering (RE) and analyzing disassembled embedded firmware
- Networking protocols and architecture
- Demonstrates good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Must be a sole US citizen with the ability to maintain a US government security clearance
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in microcontroller-based design and analysis
- FPGA design expertise using either Verilog or VHDL
- Experience developing or analyzing networking protocols and bus architectures (CAN, I2C, etc.)
- Active Top Secret clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers