Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell’s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
Hubbell Lighting, headquartered in Greenville, SC, is a core business platform of Hubbell Incorporated. The platform supplies a comprehensive range of indoor and outdoor lighting products to industrial, commercial and institutional applications and is the largest manufacturer of residential lighting fixtures in North America.
Remote Position-Ideally Boston, MA vicinity however other New England locations will be considered
Entry level position dedicated to increase Hubbell Lighting sales and share at assigned distributors in territory. Focus will be to promote new products, increase share and shelf space of existing products as well as aggressively solicit discretionary orders. 70%+ travel required with company vehicle provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Entry level position responsible for coordinating Hubbell Lighting Commercial & Industrial sales activities with assigned distributors and contractors as established by the Company and the Regional Vice President.
- Serves as facilitator between the HLI Brands, the manufacturer’s representatives, contractors, distributor wholesalers, and/or end user accounts to ensure optimization of sales within the Region.
- Responsibility for coordination within the assigned region for sales programs and ensuring successful planning at both the representative and distributor level.
- Responsibility for providing as needed pre sale product training / sales or presentations for all facets of HLI C&I sales.
- Post-delivery application, whether independently, or with the manufacturer’s representative, or other parties as needed.
- Achieving or exceeding sales budgets assigned individually by the brands, and/or collectively by the company for both sales within the Region or other measures as needed to complete the project.
- Implementing all marketing or other programs and new product introductions as required within the time frame allowed.
- Completing monthly reports and special assignments on or before due dates.
- Maintain satisfactory call frequencies with all major customer responsibilities within the region.
- Becoming knowledgeable in the products and systems represented in order to act as a resource for agencies in training and making joint calls with sales representatives and in helping close orders.
- Work in conjunction with other HLI personnel as necessary to secure orders.
- Regional resource for training on the appropriate products or services with personnel as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Vice President.
Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, or other Industrial or Engineering Management disciplines.
- Outgoing personality with sales mentality and electrical/lighting based knowledge is a plus.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Social Media vehicles.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Customer Relationship Management
Scheduling (Project Management)
Support Marketing Program