Physicians Immediate Care is now part of WellNow Urgent Care, one of the fastest growing and top providers of urgent medical care, telehealth, and occupational medicine services in the United States. Together, our organizations are delivering on a shared vision to bring quality, accessible healthcare to more communities.
"WellNow Urgent Care takes pride in creating an environment filled with meaningful work and opportunities by investing in our colleagues. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes numerous continuing education options. WellNow has over 180+ locations across, New York, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and we are continuing to grow! That means our colleagues can transfer facilities in any of the markets we serve. We are committed to offering our patients the best care by adding talented healthcare professional"
Physicians Immediate Care is an organization that puts patients first with our Care From The Heart approach. We treat patients on-the-spot, ensuring they will not have to make another trip, wait in another line, or pay multiple co-pays. Our clinics feature full radiology suites, we perform CLIA waived labs onsite, and have fully functional procedure rooms to routinely treat patients of all ages with infections, lacerations, sprains, and fractures. If you love procedures, y ou have come to the right place!
Our patients know we don't just triage and refer, we treat complex illnesses and injuries. Our goal is to be the one stop provider for many of our patients. From strep throat to fractures to two layer laceration repairs we teach and encourage the skills needed for you to succeed. As a Physician Assistant you will perform procedures such as digital blocks, nerve blocks, minor outpatient surgical procedures such as extensor tendon repairs, wound closure and management, incision and drainage, punch biopsy, aspirations and joint injections, closed reductions of fractures and dislocations, as well as applications of splints and casts. You will remove corneal foreign bodies and corneal rust rings. This is only a sample of the procedures you'll be able to do. We also offer onsite training, an abundance of online courses, learning materials, and fantastic employee benefits such as:
- Extremely competitive salary plus bonus
- Licensure & Professional dues reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling
- Travel stipends
- Full malpractice insurance
- 401K Plan with Match
- In-House Medical Care
- STD & LTD & Life Insurance
To name a few!
A remarkable Physician Assistant will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously interact with patients, families, clients, and co-workers. We require all of our Providers to be proficient with computers and have some experience with Electronic Medical Records systems. Finally, we seek a Physician Assistant who can adapt to the ever-changing patient flow while providing excellent care. A few formalities we need from our candidates:
And a few extras that will put you at the top of our list:
- A Master's Degree and Certification
- An active DEA license with no restrictions
- A current license to practice medicine in the state of IL and IL Controlled Substance License
- Must be in good standing with no restrictions to practice in the state where you are applying
Please Note: If you are a New Graduate Physician Assistant or have less than one year of clinical experience as a licensed Physician Assistant outside of student clinical rotations, please apply to our Fellowship Program.
- At least 2+ years of emergency medicine or 3+ years' experience in high volume urgent care, which includes the ability to manage adult and pediatric patients
- Knowledge of basic ER, internal medicine, generalist, occupational medicine, and family practice procedures
- Ability to use the necessary equipment such as the nebulizer, EKG machine, etc.
- Ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Clinical Works
- Emergency Medicine
- Fine Motor Skills
- Internal Medicine