To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lee's Summit, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CNA VCC Village House (12hr Shifts), Full-time 7a-7p, RED Team
John Knox Village • Lee's Summit, MO
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The certified nursing assistant is responsible to provide direct residents/customers care and follow established facility/department policies and procedures. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL Job Functions
- Provides personal care to the patient, assisting with ADL’s (activities of daily living) or any other duties within scope of practice as directed.
- Accurately and timely checks and records temperatures, pulses, respirations and blood pressures. Weighs residents/customers and records weights.
- Ensures residents/customers are clean, dry and comfortable.
- Reports resident/customer information to the supervising nurse or manager in a timely fashion.
- Timely and accurately records information on appropriate charting form.
- Accurately and timely completes required documentation of nursing care to meet all state and Village requirements.
- May perform custodial, housekeeping, food service duties and wheelchair escort services as necessary.
- Assist residents/customers with eating when necessary.
- Initiates and participates in case conferences related to resident’s/customer’s goals and care.
- Conforms to all departmental policies/procedures and standards.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
- Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
- Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
- This job requires a combination of education, training and/or experience that would typically be acquired through a course of study leading to a high school diploma or GED.
- MO CNA certification required if working in MO; KS CNA and Home Health aide certification required if working in KS
- Current CPR certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
- Basic level knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have excellent time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple sentences, paragraphs and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few typical variations in routine, standard situations.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- The associate is frequently subject to inside environmental conditions which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
- The associate is required to function around individuals with challenged mental capacities.
- Required to drive from one location to another if necessary for services provided through the department.
- The Home Health CNA may be exposed to outdoor elements while accessing a patient’s residence.
- Associate may be exposed occasionally to outside elements when transporting residents outside or when carrying garbage to the dumpster.
- All associates may be called upon to assist other departments in a declared emergency situation.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job demands include maximum occasional lift of 75 lbs from knuckle to waist level; maximum occasional lift of 25 lbs from floor to 38 inches; maximum occasional lift of 40 lbs from floor to 48 inches
- Maximum occasional carry of 5 lbs 100 ft; maximum occasional carry of 38 lbs at 36 inches height for 15 ft; maximum occasional carry of 20 lbs for 75 ft
- Maximum occasional push/pull horizontal of 40 lbs at 36 inches height for 100 ft; maximum occasional push/pull vertical of 10 lbs
- Maximum occasional grip force of 40 lbs; maximum occasional lateral pinch force of 15 lbs
- Maximum occasional climb of 8 inches
- Maximum occasional forward reach of 34 inches; maximum occasional lateral reach of 37 inches
- Frequent bend; occasional fine motor coordination; occasional foot coordination; occasional balance
- Frequent sitting; continuous standing; and continuous walking.
Under the supervision of the on duty or on call nurse or the designated Manager
Gives no supervision.
Post-offer background check and drug screen required.
Questions can be directed to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]