To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5201 Eden Avenue
Edina, MN 55436
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sales Account Manager - Packaged Meats - Retail
Smithfield Foods • Edina, MN
Posted 19 days ago
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
This position will support a Sales Director, Regional Sales Manager, or National Accounts Manager for a specific account(s). The individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships with assigned key customers through daily corporate to corporate contact to communicate pricing, product availability, and order management. The primary responsibility will be introducing and placing new products with customers, executing organizational initiatives, and driving sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
Direct Sales Responsibility
- Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of consumer goods to key customers.
- Develops and achieves maximum sales volume consistent with realistic sales projections for accounts served.
- Maintain business with existing accounts for continued growth.
Communications and Product Management
- Maintain current knowledge of Smithfield’s product management and research and development efforts in order to increase sales and satisfy customer requests for new items.
- Develop working relations with personnel at various levels in order to communicate product availability, logistics information, product specifications, and pricing as needed.
Customer Service Issues
- Ensure prompt and equitable disposition of customer complaints or problems; this may require communication with corporate headquarters.
- Serves as backup for other sales associates as necessary
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and minimum of 3+ year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must understand the dynamics of the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling, which may include IRI, Neilsen and Perishable Group data.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- May travel up to 75% of the time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Corporate working environment.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.