To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waltham, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Broker Sales
UnitedHealth Group • Waltham, MA
Posted 9 days ago
The purpose of this job is to engage and manage licensed health insurance Agents who sell the UnitedHealth Group (UHG) portfolio of products offered to Medicare beneficiaries and individuals age 50+. The Community & State Broker Sales Manager is responsible for achieving assigned DSNP – (Dual eligible special needs plan) sales/membership growth targets by creating strategic relationships with our external distribution team and brokers within the Massachusetts market. This role is a “roll-up your sleeves” job and is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with agents linking them to our C&S community outreach strategy and reps to execute flawless grass-roots events. The broker manager will be responsible for all DSNP product, recruitment and benefit trainings and presentations for the broker channel, initiating individualized trainings to help an agent build a DSNP business plan during the SEP periods. This FTE will act as the first form of escalation for issue resolution to the broker community on behalf of the health plan. The Broker manager is a markets DSNP expert and will assist agents in uncovering niche market opportunities, identifying agents in areas of our dual eligibles and will manage sales results, trends and key performance indicators (KPI's) and hold agents accountable for achieving targets. They will understand the target audience of our products, how Medicaid and Medicare work together, and how to position our DSNP product and value proposition to remain competitive.
- Serve as a DSNP expert, with full understanding of how Medicaid/Medicare works in specific market, with deep knowledge of relationship-based marketing/selling
- Continually track, build and nurture our base of producing Agents
- Partner with the recruitment team to source and select candidates to ensure a continual pipeline and sufficient base of staff to meet assigned sales/membership growth targets
- Provide a structured certification process, training processes and the available systems tools
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance/policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Strategize on innovative ways to continuously recruit and engage agents to sell DSNP continuously throughout the year
- Partner with the Sales, Outreach and Marketing teams to identify and develop relationships with individuals and organizations that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g.; Providers, Regulators, Faith Based Organizations, and Associations)
- Collaborate with local sales, marketing, and outreach management team to organize activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory in order to help drive self-generated DSNP Sales
- Act as a liaison between Agents and UHG sales process owners to ensure agents are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing/appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc.
- Partner with M&R Sales leadership on joint trainings, roll-outs, product kick-offs and collaboration meetings to ensure DSNP is covered and agents are certifying to sell the product.
- Organize and coordinate specific trainings, expos and boot camps for agents to drive DSNP sales
- Coach, develop and manage the performance of selected Agents
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of selected Agents have to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Monitor sales results, trends and hold representatives accountable for achieving targets. Understand, analyze and build action plans off of data.
- Conduct ride-along to observe sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations and UHG policies & procedures
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results/activities and provide feedback/coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Facilitate engagement of EDCs in executing these plans and ensure that EDCs appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Achieve assigned sales targets: Achieve assigned sales / membership growth targets through in his / her territory(ies), with a minimum of 65% of sales derived via community based leads and referrals
- Ensure Compliance: Ensure agents adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations (e.g.; AARP) and company policies and procedures
- High School diploma or GED
- Current and active MA health producer license or willingness to obtain within 60 days of hire
- 3+ years Medicare or Medicaid managed care experience
- Reliable vehicle, driving record in good standing and appropriate insurance
- Travel locally up to 75% time
- Proficient in MS/Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point)
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of sales management or business to business sales experience
- Experience selling Medicare Advantage, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs)
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Experience communicating complex information via in person presentations, phone conversations and emails
- Established community contacts in Massachusetts
- Proven relationships within market with Brokers, Sales Agents or network sources
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.