To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Abilene, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Advantage Resourcing • Abilene, TX
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Fitter - Abilene, TX
APPLY TODAY!!! Advantage resourcing is currently taking applications for welders/fitters with a reputable, family owned company, in Abilene, TX. We are looking for candidates that are trust-worthy, reliable, goal driven and can work well in a team setting and independently.
Fabricate and weld steel structures and components to customer specifications utilizing applicable work instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Review daily schedule both planned and actual
- Attending tier meetings
- Work with Fitter 2S and GPTs to coordinate workforce
- Review drawings and blue prints for special job requirements
- Complete owned projects and assist other teams with their projects.
- Work with team on problem solving,
- Work with team to maintain a safe work environment.
- Work with team to achieve on-time and quality products.
- Lead and support team in continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to set parameters, change wire, gas and liner on MIG welder.
- Talent will be required to work with tape measures, squares and straight edges, welding machine, cutting torch, rolls and iron workers, blue prints, MES stating and telephone.
- Knowledge of weld procedure sheet, including an understanding of the significance and applicability.
- Understanding of weld map, weld data sheets, back gouge parameter chart and have extensive blue print reading skills.
- Ability to efficiently and independently use 02/fuel hand torch, belch torch, flat tape, ruler, hand grinder, hard-stone and wire wheel, sanding pad, cut-off wheel, hand scraper, welding pliers, fillet weld gauge to perform all tasks associated with position.
- Able to locate and reference all work instructions pertaining to current job or project.
- Understanding of department KPIs, metrics and measurables.
- Sense of urgency and accountability.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 years of welding experience or, completion of an accredited two year welder’s training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality, raw materials and other techniques, methods and tools involved in the process of fabricating steel support structures.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
If you are a motivated individual who wants to kick start your career with an outstanding company, apply today for this exciting opportunity!
Keywords: welder, fitter, grinder, MIG, TIG, Flux core, MIG Welding, TIG Welding
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Full Time, Temp Position
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]