To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Covington, KY 41018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Machine Operator 2 (2nd Shift)
MEGGITT • Covington, KY
Posted 2 months ago
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Production Machine Operator 2 sets up and operates a range of automatic or semiautomatic machines. Reports malfunctions in equipment and makes minor adjustments and repairs.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Sets-up and operates a range of automatic or semiautomatic machines
- Performs maintenance of production machinery and test equipment
- Uses a range of documents to perform work, such as blueprints, schematics, models or specifications
- Troubleshoots machines that are not at peak performance and finds solutions to problems; seeks to increase efficiency and output
- Receives parts from assembly line and/or stock room for in-process and/or final tests
- Performs documentation and reporting of final test results
- Evaluates and verifies that production items are within tolerances and meet specifications as outlined in job documentation
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations is preferred.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Skilled in the set up and operation of automatic or semiautomatic machines
- Strong math skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to understand complex instructions including schematics blueprints, schematics, models or specifications
- Able to apply an analytical approach to problem solving
- Capable of recognizing and solving typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options
- Effective oral and written communication
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.