Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Radiation Oncology Medical Director will provide clinical guidance to help implement a next-generation comprehensive Radiation Oncology solution which will successfully meet clinical, quality, and financial performance objectives. This solution will help ensure providers deliver high-quality, evidence-based and cost-efficient radiation oncology care for our clients. As such, this newly created role requires an innovative, hands-on, action-oriented clinician. This position will serve as a member of the radiation oncology team dedicated to helping ensure high levels of quality, affordability, and member and provider satisfaction.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform utilization review determinations for radiation oncology populations, and support case and disease management teams to achieve optimal clinical outcomes
- Engage & collaborate with treating providers telephonically. This will include discussion of evidence-based guidelines, opportunities to close clinical quality / service gaps, and care plan changes that can impact health care expense
- Enhance clinical expertise of the radiation oncology team through education sessions with nursing teams, and serving as a thought leader and point of contact for relevant medical societies & stakeholders
- Deliver the Optum clinical value proposition focused on quality, affordability and service, in support of the sales and growth activities including conducting client presentations and participating in customer consultations
- Evaluate clinical and other data (e.g., quality metrics, claims & health record data, utilization data) to identify opportunities for improvement of clinical care and processes
- Collaborate with operational and business partners on enterprise-wide research, clinical and quality initiatives to enhance Optum impact in the Radiation oncology field
At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO with an active, unrestricted medical license
- Current board certification in Radiation Oncology
- 5+ years clinical practice experience (inclusive of Radiation oncology)
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the areas of medical care delivery systems, utilization management, case management, disease management, quality management, product development and/or peer review
- Experience working with payer guidelines
- Experience in client-facing customer relationship management
- Proven ability to quickly gain credibility, influence and partner with staff and the clinical community
- Experience in managed care, quality management or administrative leadership
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range is $254,600 to $295,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment